Fowler Associates Labs



Static Fire Stories Articles & Technical Papers Current News

Static Electricity?
California girl burned by cell phone


July 2, 2004

A teenage California girl suffered second degree burns when her cell phone caught fire in her back pocket, according to the Ontario Fire Department.

The 16-year-old was volunteering at a youth recreation center when witnesses heard a loud "whooshing" sound, said Frank Huddleston, a Ontario Fire Department investigator. Ontario is east of Los Angeles near San Bernardino.

Huddleston said the victim didn't even know what was happening. The girl was in a kitchen and the flames were quickly extinguished, Huddleston said.

The teenager was rushed to Chino Valley Medical Center where she was treated and released with second-degree burns to her right buttock.

Investigators could not identify the model number of the Verizon Koyocera cell phone, because of the extensive damage.






The ESD Journal is not affiliated with any trade organization, Association or Society

ESD Journal & are Trademarks of Fowler Associates, Inc. - All Rights Reserved

The content & Look of the ESD Journal & are Copyrighted by Fowler Associates, Inc. - All Rights Reserved Copyright 2011

The YouTube name and logo are copyright of YouTube, LLC.