printable free viagra certificate
viagra cheap usa
us prescription cialis
generic cialis 5mg
cialis 20 mg peak time
pharmacy viagra
viagra soft tabs 100mg
is generic viagra effective
discount priced viagra
viagra drug store best buys
viagra cost walmart
buy viagra and overseas
generic viagra pay online check
discount prescriptions cialis tadalafil
viagra overnight

dropshipper generic viagra
get viagra over the counter
cheapest prices on generic viagra
viagra online next day
generic viagra overnight shipping
penis enlargement pills viagra men
viagra online pharmacies
cheepest generic viagra
how to buy viagra
viagra bet price
canadian generic viagra
cost of viagra covered by insurance
orignal viagra online uk
online pharmacy uk viagra
generic viagra price comparison
vega generic viagra
brand generic online viagra
viagra farmaco generico
reditabs viagra
viagra generics in india

 

 

Fowler Associates Labs

 

 

Static Fire Stories Articles & Technical Papers Current News

Static Electricity in Man's Jacket Leads to Burns
Believe It or Not!

 


The following story appeared in USA Today. It sounds too unbelievable. We think it is. We have never seen 30,000 Volts of static electricity from a person or jacket burn carpet. We believe the guy may have something else going on: Maybe fraud or just maybe too many refried beans plus 30,000 Volts.

Static electricity in man's jacket leads to burns

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) - A man shocked authorities after he released so much static electricity from his jacket, he left burn marks in the carpet of a business.

Fire officials in Victoria state said the man, Frank Clewer, had built up at least 30,000 volts of static electricity in his jacket simply by walking around the city of Warrnambool, according to a report by the Australian Broadcasting Corp.

He received his first shock when he walked into a local business Thursday afternoon. "It sounded almost like a firecracker or something like that," Clewer told the ABC.

Burns less than an inch in diameter were left on the carpet where he had been standing, the report said. ABC did not say if Clewer was injured.

Fire officials evacuated the building, fearing the incident might trigger electrical problems, but let Clewer go, the report said.

When he got in his car, Clewer's problems continued.

"I actually scorched a piece of plastic I had on the floor of the car," he said. Fire officials took Clewer's jacket and said it continued to give off voltage.

September, 2005

The ESD Journal is not affiliated with any trade organization, Association or Society

ESD Journal & esdjournal.com are Trademarks of Fowler Associates, Inc. - All Rights Reserved

The content & Look of the ESD Journal & esdjournal.com are Copyrighted by Fowler Associates, Inc. - All Rights Reserved Copyright 2011

The YouTube name and logo are copyright of YouTube, LLC.